Our goal is to help our clients make successful timberland investments. We have the experience and staff to analyze acquisition opportunities and to manage them after purchase. We handle all transactional accounting and provide budgeting, reporting, and tax preparation oversight for investments.
- Individual Accountability: Each of our 50 foresters focuses on managing every stand of timber appropriately and every harvest carefully. Our decentralized management, backed by thorough training, empowers them to make informed forest management decisions in the field.
- Direct Distribution: Typically, we are one of the largest suppliers of wood to our customers. By directly marketing wood to various local and regional markets, we can leverage our scale of operations to maximize the return to our clients.
- Workforce Loyalty: Our extensive land holdings allow us to work with a large, stable group of professional logging contractors who are vital to consistently meeting sustainable timber harvest projections.
- Judicious Divestiture: Working with many different groups over the last three decades, we have sold parcels with high conservation values, including some of the earliest working forest conservation easements in the nation.
- Diversification: Our experience in analyzing the various timber species and products in the northern forest allows us to build diversified portfolios to meet client needs.
- Fiscal Intelligence: Each timber investment is managed to produce operations cash flow from sustainable timber harvests and the sale of non-strategic lands, and at the same time preserve and grow capital through biological timber growth.
Please contact us to discuss our investment management services in more detail, or to inquire about our other services, including:
- Contract forest management for private timberland ownerships
- Purchase of stumpage in and around our operating areas
- Timber cruising and inventory